On November 4th Fred the bike is embarking on a six month journey across Southeast Asia. Starting in Singapore, Fred plans to make his way up the west coast of Malaysia, across Thailand, Cambodia, up through Vietnam and into Laos. After that... who knows? Fred invites you to follow him through his adventure. Any advice from fellow travelers is always welcome.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nakhon Nayok-Sa Kaeo

Total Distance:109.07
Total Time:6h3m57s
Average Speed:18.0km/h
Maximum Speed:34.0km/h

Well, it's my last Thai destination. The ride was nice. The wind finally let up and I had a decent days ride. My stay in Nakhon Nayok was rather uneventful. I did my usual circuit. Walked around the town, checked out the night market, and had an early night. It's hard to believe that by this time tomorrow I will be in Cambodia. I've decided to ride across the boarder. I don't like taking buses. They're always overpriced and I feel like such a cheater. I might regret the decision, then again it might go smoothly. I'm hoping for the latter.
There's not a lot else to report. The landscape in this part of Thailand has proved ultra boring. I wish I could have entered Cambodia from the South. It would have made for a much more exciting ride. However time just wasn't permitting.

No comments: