On November 4th Fred the bike is embarking on a six month journey across Southeast Asia. Starting in Singapore, Fred plans to make his way up the west coast of Malaysia, across Thailand, Cambodia, up through Vietnam and into Laos. After that... who knows? Fred invites you to follow him through his adventure. Any advice from fellow travelers is always welcome.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Kampot-Phnom Penh

Total Distance:150.64km
Total Time:8h14m22s
Average Speed:18.3km/h
Maximum Speed:28.8km/h
Total Distance So Far:3144.18km

Welcome back to Phnom Penh! The ride back to the nation's capital was... very similar to the ride away from it. I stopped for a great lunch at a little restaurant in a small town about half way. I had fried rice which, surprisingly was one of the best I'd ever had (my Oma's excluded, of course). It may have been that I don't think I've had fried rice since leaving Malaysia. Malaysia definitely put me into fried rice overload. In any event, it was great. The Khmer sure do know how to cook. The rest of the ride was a little more difficult. The head winds became stronger as the hills started to level off, and the closer I got to Phnom Penh the worse the roads got.
So, here I am. Once again in Phnom Penh. I just watched the biggest rat I've ever seen walk across the common area of the guesthouse. At least I won't be sleeping alone! Tomorrow I'm headed off to a different place, so I should have more to tell you.

No comments: