On November 4th Fred the bike is embarking on a six month journey across Southeast Asia. Starting in Singapore, Fred plans to make his way up the west coast of Malaysia, across Thailand, Cambodia, up through Vietnam and into Laos. After that... who knows? Fred invites you to follow him through his adventure. Any advice from fellow travelers is always welcome.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Tuy Hoa-Quy Nhon

Total Distance:97.94km
Total Time:6h04m02s
Average Speed:16.1km/h
Maximum Speed:47.0km/h
Total Distance So Far:5084.34km

Todays ride was pretty similar to yesterdays. It's a little frusterating because these stops are a little to close together for my liking, yet too far apart to do two in one day. However I want to be sure that I can find accomodations, and in these places I'm almost certain. Oh well. I guess it's nice to take your time and experience the country side. I'm still undecided about the highlands. I'll make up my mind tonight. It's looking like a no-go though. I just don't think Fred is in good enough shape to do it. I guess the same can be said about me.
Quy Nhon is actually quite beatiful. It's right on the ocean, making for a pretty spectaclar view. Getting here was no easy task though. Again it rained this morning. Again I didn't really mind. There were a lot of hills today. More than yesterday. The wind was in my face all day, and it was strong. Still, I'm enjoying biking Vietnam. The country is so beautiful. There's is so much to look at. It's definitely worth putting up with the elements.
Two more days until I'm in Hoi An, unless I take the highland route. It should take me the same amount of time, but I think in the highlands I'm more likely to spend a couple more nights hanging out. We'll see. That seems to be my new moto... "We'll see".

No comments: