On November 4th Fred the bike is embarking on a six month journey across Southeast Asia. Starting in Singapore, Fred plans to make his way up the west coast of Malaysia, across Thailand, Cambodia, up through Vietnam and into Laos. After that... who knows? Fred invites you to follow him through his adventure. Any advice from fellow travelers is always welcome.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Nakhon Sawan-Lopburi

Total Distance:126.21km
Total Time:7h01m48s
Average Speed:17.9km/h
Maximum Speed:38.0km/h
Total Distance So Far:8848.46km

Sorry I've been so lazy about updating the blog lately. For a full update you might want to read the last few entries.
I awoke early this morning to get a good head start on the day. It wasn't nearly as far as yesterday, but I thought it was best to give myself some extra time. I was tired from the ride to Nakhon Sawan, and if the head winds persisted I knew it may take me a while to get to Lopburi. As it turns out the head winds did persist throughout the morning, but died down in the afternoon. It was nice when they finally stopped. I took the main highway again, so there's not much to tell you in terms of things I saw. No nature, no wildlife, nothing.
Lopburi is a quite little city. There are a few temples to see here. I've seen a lot of temples, but I'll still give them a gander. There is also I pack of monkey's that roam around the city. It's always amusing to sit and watch the mischievous little buggers. I can't see myself being here for too long before I head down to Ayuthaya. There are some things worth checking out, but not so much to keep me hanging around.
I'm almost back in Bangkok. I'm starting to really hate capital cities. You always intend to pass through quickly but end up stuck there for at least a week. The good thing is I should be rolling in just over the 9000km mark. Hurray for me!

No comments: