On November 4th Fred the bike is embarking on a six month journey across Southeast Asia. Starting in Singapore, Fred plans to make his way up the west coast of Malaysia, across Thailand, Cambodia, up through Vietnam and into Laos. After that... who knows? Fred invites you to follow him through his adventure. Any advice from fellow travelers is always welcome.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pak mong-Oudom Xai

Total Distance:83.54km
Total Time:7h00m00s
Average Speed:11.9km/h
Maximum Speed:43.5km/h
Total distance So Far:7502.61km

Compared to today, yesterdays ride was a breeze. I'm back in the mountains. The gigantic, thigh burning mountains. It wasn't that bad. I like to exaggerate. My only real complaint is the condition of the road. There were quite a few potholes and sandy patches. It's not too bad when you are going up, but can prove rather frustrating on the way down. Constantly having to slow down to ensure you don't hit a bump and fall makes it almost impossible to catch a good amount of speed.
I made it to Oudom Xai, and man am I sore. I'm still a little out of shape after those three weeks I sat around waiting to get Fred repaired. Slowly I feel myself getting stronger. Hopefully I'll be good to go by the time I hit Thailand. From what I hear the mountains there are a lot steeper than these ones.
I'm going to give myself a day to rest in Oudom Xai. After that I'm off again, however I may stop again in Louang Namtha.

No comments: