On November 4th Fred the bike is embarking on a six month journey across Southeast Asia. Starting in Singapore, Fred plans to make his way up the west coast of Malaysia, across Thailand, Cambodia, up through Vietnam and into Laos. After that... who knows? Fred invites you to follow him through his adventure. Any advice from fellow travelers is always welcome.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Be Advised!

To all of you whom are currently travelling in Thailand, be advised. After spending my time in Phuket, under the assumption I could re-enter and gain another 30 day visa, I awoke to discover that as of this morning the Thai Government has changed it's policy on visa re-entry. Over land travellers will now only be given a 15 day visa upon entering Thailand. If you are arriving via air however, a 30 day visa will still be granted to you. The plus side is you can now re-enter as many times as you wish, as opposed to the former 90 day maximum. This is particularly bad news for any cyclists out there planning to do Thailand by bike. My advise to you is don't dilly-dally, as I have been doing. I'm now in a position where I have to pedal my nicely tanned behind off. If need be I'll take a bus into Cambodia. Just thought you all should know.

No comments: