On November 4th Fred the bike is embarking on a six month journey across Southeast Asia. Starting in Singapore, Fred plans to make his way up the west coast of Malaysia, across Thailand, Cambodia, up through Vietnam and into Laos. After that... who knows? Fred invites you to follow him through his adventure. Any advice from fellow travelers is always welcome.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vieng Kham-Nong Kiaw

Total Distance:48.72km
Total Time:4h20m24s
Average Speed:11.2km/h
Maximum Speed:44.5km/h
Total Distance So Far:6866.67km

The rain continued on the whole day. Once again I had that terrible feeling of being without a single cent to my name. I thought Nong Kiaw would be my best chance for a bank as it's a little touristy. I was wrong. NO BANK IN NONG KIAW! After wondering around, talking to various people I found out the nearest bank was in Nam Bak, about 30km away. I checked into a guesthouse, assuring her I would get to Nam Bak the next day to get some money. It would have been ridable, but not wanting to risk it I took a Tuk-Tuk. I went to the bank. Finally one problem was resolved! However Fred was still not doing great, and the rain wasn't getting any better either. After a few days of contimplation I opted to take a bus to Langpraubang.

No comments: