On November 4th Fred the bike is embarking on a six month journey across Southeast Asia. Starting in Singapore, Fred plans to make his way up the west coast of Malaysia, across Thailand, Cambodia, up through Vietnam and into Laos. After that... who knows? Fred invites you to follow him through his adventure. Any advice from fellow travelers is always welcome.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kota Tinggi-Singapore

Total Distance:69.86km
Total Time:4h14m11s
Average Speed:16.5km/h
Maximum Speed:44.0km/h
Total Distance:11,120.35km

My last day riding! Probably my last day riding. I'm so indecisive. I gotta work on that. Today we are at a probability of 85% that Fred will NOT be accompanying me to Indonesia. It's a lot harder than I though it would be to leave him behind. We've been through so much together. My ass has been adhered to that bike for pretty much eight months now. 85% probability.
I don't like biking through big cities with my bike all loaded up. Today I had the displeasure of going it twice. Once in Johor Bahru, and once in Singapore. I got pretty turned around in JB. I don't see why that can't just put up a big sign that says "SINGAPORE" and has an arrow pointing in the direction you have to go. It would make sense wouldn't it? Maybe they just want to toy with tired,confused, foreign cyclists. All's well that ends well. I found my way out... eventually.
Singapore, on the other hand was a breeze to get through. Everything here is clearly labelled and straight forward. It's such an organized city, and so clean. I love it. If the cost of living here wasn't so high, I might never leave. I was pretty excited when I went into the store and saw gummy candies today. I had been craving them for a while. A clean city with gummy candies, what more can a girl want.
So, I'm back where I started. I think this is it. I think it's the end. I think. Tomorrow flights have to be booked, things have to be arranged, final decisions have to be made. I'll let you know tomorrow.

No comments: